Based on a study, about two billion people worldwide are overweight or obese. It means that the global obesity epidemic is still growing fast. Obese people are likely to develop serious illnesses such as heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure, diabetes, gout, and other illnesses.
To avoid these illnesses, you must burn fats and lose some weight. But how can you do it? Well, you can try exercising and changing your lifestyle. You can try eating healthy foods and cut too much consumption of foods rich in carbohydrates. You can also try eating organic superfoods to burn fats. Why? Does eating organic foods really helps in burning fats? Well, the answer is it still depends on your eating habits and your food consumption.
However, eating organic food is better than eating foods loaded with extra fillers, chemicals, and hidden sugars and starches. Below are the reasons why organic superfoods help in fighting obesity and help burning fats.
Free from chemicals – Organic foods are free from chemicals. On the contrary, foods filled with chemicals may cause obesity because they contain chemicals that may disrupt the function of our hormonal system which is called obesogen. Obesogen can be mainly found in non-organic fruits and vegetables, farm-raised salmon, corn/soy-fed beef and chicken, canned tuna, canned beans, canned beverages, and sports drink bottles.
Boosts Energy – Organic foods boost our energy because they contain higher nutrients than processed foods. Therefore, you can maintain a high energy and a healthy body by consuming less volume of organic foods. Also, exercising is a lot easier because of the energy you get from eating organic foods.
Higher in Fiber – Natural foods are higher in fiber. More importantly, it helps in normalizing our bowel health, lowers our cholesterol level, controls our sugar level, and helps in achieving a healthy weight. Fiber makes us feel full, so you can avoid your cravings as well as eating frequently.
Produces secondary metabolites – Organic foods produce secondary metabolites that increase our body’s fuel burning capacity.
Taste Better – Organic or naturally grown foods taste better because they do not contain pesticides, fertilizers, and other chemicals. Therefore, they are healthier to eat.
Can be digested better – Unlike artificial foods, naturally grown crops can be digested our body a lot better.
Foods that help you lose weight
Here are the foods that will help you lose some weight.
- Quinoa – is a seed with a fluffy, creamy, and slightly grainy texture with a nutty flavor when cooked. It is rich in protein, fiber, and minerals. It contains a lot of protein with less calorie which makes it a good selection for weight loss.
- Oats – oats are rich in fiber and complex carbohydrates which keep the metabolism up by keeping our insulin levels low after the meal.
- Beans – they contain and provide complete nutrition which our body needs. Beans are great meat substitute because they are high in quality and rich in fiber. It also makes you feel full longer and keeps your insulin level low.
- Hot Chili Peppers – According to a recent study from the UCLA Center for Human Nutrition, hot peppers help in burning down extra calories into our bodies. Another study shows that it also helps in increasing metabolism.
- Apples – apples are common for dietary practitioners because they are rich in vitamins and minerals. They are also low in fat and calories, and high in fiber that keeps us away from getting hungry easily.
- Leafy Vegetables – Vegetables such as broccoli, kale, spinach, and lettuce are the example of vegetables that are packed with calcium. Studies show that foods that are high and rich in calcium can contribute to weight loss because it helps in speeding up metabolism.
- Lemon – lemon juice helps in improving our digestion and balancing blood sugar levels from our meal.
Weight loss is a gradual and a practical process. To maintain a healthy body, choose healthy foods and as much as possible avoid consuming processed and artificial foods. You can also try including organic superfood powder to your meals to have a healthy body and a healthy lifestyle.